What licenses I need to pay to play music in my business(es)?

The area of music licenses is a complex topic which seems very complicated for uninvolved persons. In principle, any entity using anything what is a subject to copyright licenses in the course of its business is obliged to pay for such a use. Thus, both Songoroo as a music streaming service operator as well as any establishment reproducing music in its business premises, is obliged to pay for the use of those rights. Thus, notwithstanding the fact Songoroo is a licensed music service provider, our clients are also obliged to pay royalties to Performance Rights Organisations. These fees shall be calculated on the basis of business type and the size of the locations, for each location separately.

If you want to avoid complicated administration related to calculation and payment of music license fees as an operator of business premises, Songoroo offers the possibility to cover this agenda for you. However, these licenses will be added on top of the Songoroo subscription fees. The advantage for our customers is in the costs reduction, as we can negotiate better conditions with the PROs, plus we take over the administrative burden and save you time. Please note that we currently provide this service only to companies with businesses based in Slovakia.

If you are interested in this service, please contact us by phone, email or using the contact form on our website. We will provide you with a quotation corresponding to your business specifications.